5 tips for getting the most out of your floor scale
Also known as platform scales, floor scales are large weighing systems whose platform is at or near ground level. They can be used in a variety of ways and offer some distinct advantages. Whether you’re purchasing a floor scale or want to make the most of the one you own, here are five tips for using it.
1. Use it for weighing hard-to-lift cargoOne of the main advantages of a floor scale is that it’ low to the ground. This makes it ideal for weighing cargo that would be difficult to place on a higher scale. Most floor scales come with small ramps that facilitate loading and unloading. Moreover, they’re designed to accommodate pallet jacks, forklifts and other loading equipment.
2. Store it when it isn’t in useThanks to their low profile, floor scales are easy to store. Many models can even be stacked. This allows you to free up floor space.
3. Use it for your heaviest and bulkiest loads
Floor scales generally have very high weight capacity, a large surface area and a heavy-duty construction. As a result, they can be used to weigh loads of every shape and size.
4. Speed up your wash-downMost floor scales have a surface that’s quick and easy to wash, such as stainless steel. Reduced cleaning time is always a plus. This also makes floor scales an ideal option for hygienically sensitive environments such as pharmaceutical manufacturing plants.
5. Take advantage of its versatility
Floor scales are used in many industries and perform a wide array of functions. For example, in agriculture they’re used to measure and monitor the weight of animals. They can be combined with accessories like cages to make animal weighing easier. Farmers also use floor scales for weighing bulk items such as produce, fertilizer and grain.
In manufacturing, they’re commonly used for weighing incoming and outgoing shipments. Their size enables them to accommodate bulky items like pallets and containers. Floor scales can be custom-sized according to your business’ needs and can be installed below- or above-ground.
Floor scales in Calgary, Swift Current and across AlbertaAccurate/Western Scale Co. Ltd. supplies and installs floor scales built according to your specifications. In addition, we provide inspection and calibration services to ensure that your scale adheres to industry regulations. For a quote on a floor scale, or to have your equipment inspected or serviced by one of our technicians, contact us today.